code of conduct
tl;dr learn by doing and helping. be excellent to each other. have fun!
the following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- participate in an authentic and active way. in doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- attempt collaboration before conflict.
- refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- teach when people need help. don't do it for them.
the following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- posting or threatening to post other people's personally identifying information ("doxing").
- personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- unwelcome sexual attention. this includes sexualized comments or jokes.
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
consequences of unacceptable behavior
unacceptable behavior from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority (sudo), will not be tolerated.
anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
if a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the community organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from tilde.cafe without warning (meaning your account will be terminated and all user data deleted).
if you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please contact an admin (see info below).
additionally, help engaging with law enforcement is available.
if you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this code of conduct, use the contact info below to send a concise description of your grievance.
we expect all tilde.cafe members to abide by this code of conduct while:
- engaging with other members
- publishing content on tilde.cafe
you can also send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure we all get it.
- on irc
/query spider hello
license and attribution
this code of conduct is based on citizencodeofconduct.org and tilde.town coc under the terms of the creative commons attribution-sharealike license.